Thank you to all riders, supporters and sponsors of the 2018 State Championships and Australian Interschool Championships. It was a very busy and exciting year for both seasoned riders and the many new riders entering competitions.
Hopefully you all have/will achieve your participation qualification so you can compete at the 2019 Victorian Interschool State Championships. As a reminder each rider/horse as a combination must have participated at an Interschool event (excluding Aust Champs) since the 9th April 2018 up to and including 26th February 2019. You do not have to have competed in every discipline or achieve specific scores, you just need to have attended an interschool event (see further details in conditions of entry)
The 2019 has some changes including:
- • Stabling and camping bookings will be made online at time of entry and there will be a minimum booking of 4 nights, there is a process to allocate stables which is described in the attached rider communication in detail
- • Volunteers are crucial to run this event; we shall offer the option for riders to pay $50 at time of entry to eliminate the need for them to volunteer. This money will then be used to subsidise the cost of paid volunteers. Events simply cannot run without huge resources
- • The timetable for events has changed please check the dates in the schedule.
- • Show jumping will all be conducted on the all-purpose grass area
- • Gear checking will be conducted by EA stewards throughout the event
- • Class sizes will be capped at 75 riders, see further details in schedule
- • Remember that the Dressage Tests all changed on 1st February, please ensure you use the correct test
We again plan to have our unique merchandise which will feature the names of all the riders and a dinner event On Thursday 11th is in the planning.
Please read the General Rules and Conditions before you enter, it is also your responsibility to know the discipline rules. The Organising Committee looks forward to welcoming you all to the event and hope you have a great time catching up with friends, enjoying your horses, representing your school and achieving personal bests.