We hope you find the information below helpful. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Changes in qualifications and rules
The changes in qualifications for Interschool Eventing have been brought about in consultation with Interschool organisers and event committees. The purpose is to select those horse/rider combinations who are receiving consistently good results in a number of events.
The other factors that have been considered are the increasing numbers of Interschool riders eager to compete and the regional placing of events. Not all riders live close to the metropolitan area so it is important that there are events in regional areas.
The qualification process for the national selection of Victorian Interschool Eventing combinations
- All riders submit their best four results from competitions between 1st October 2019 and 15th June 2020
- All submitted results must be from official EA Horse Trials (no Pony Club or Open Classes)
- A Minimum Eligibility Requirement (MER)* must be attained in order for the score to count.
- Horse Trials are open to primary and secondary riders but EA age criteria at some levels apply.
- Only results at the level riders are applying for will be considered.
- Equestrian Victoria in consultation with the ISV will select a panel to consider results and nominate the Victorian team of four riders at each level. This panel will not include any parent of an Interschool rider.
- The process on how to submit results will be advised in June 2020.
Policy Review: This process will be reviewed in August 2020 and any feedback will be welcomed at that point.
*Note: An MER is 55% or better in the dressage; no jumping penalties cross country and less than 30 time penalties; no more than 16 jumping penalties in show jumping, (time penalties are allowed).
Note: National rule updates in Eventing 2020
All helmets must be approved to new standards and tagged for Horse Trials and Combined Training.
Body Protector standards updates will apply for July 2020.
Key Sources of Information
Victoria has a strong Eventing Squad and Young Rider Squad which includes school holiday programs where Interschool riders are welcome to come and train with our regular coaches alongside squad members at WPNEC.
We encourage you to visit the websites below for Eventing information.
You can also contact the following people for more information as required.
- EV Eventing Chair – Janet Houghton
- EV Interschool Co-ordinator – Karen Amore 9013 0707
- EV Interschool Event Director – Lisa Hocking 0412 679 090 OR email Lisa